We pride ourselves in supplying our children with excellent food. We feel that it is one of the most important parts of a child’s life – to eat properly. Eating a healthy diet enables a child to live life to the full and gives them a better performance all round, specifically helping with their concentration levels – which in turn affects achievement. So we encourage all of our children to have a school dinner. We have a high uptake of school dinners at our school. Its good to know that our children are getting a well balanced and healthy school meal.
At Skelton Primary we provide a high quality catering service to all pupils and staff, cooked by our in-house cook, Mrs Michelle Fenwick. Our food, menus and nutritional advice and guidance are provided by North Yorkshire County Caterers, with whom we work closely to achieve a varied and healthy menu for our children.
A new menu for the Spring Term is available to download in this section of our website, along with a Special Diet Request Form. Please note that Special Diet requests must be accompanied by the details and signature of the medical person who prescribed the diet.
Payments for school meals should be made at the beginning of each week/term by cash or cheque made payable to: Hope Learning Trust. If you think that your child may be entitled to free school meals, please ask the School Office for an application form or download one from this website.
Free school meals
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (if not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after no longer qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit